Thursday, August 25, 2011

Overnight Oats pt 2

I told you I had something brewing for breakfast.  Turned out to be fabulous this time around.

The first time I tried this I wasn't too impressed.  Then I made a couple changes.  Last night I threw together these ingredients in a glass bowl, covered it up and put in the fridge:

  • 1/3 c oats
  • 1 c vanilla almond milk
  • 1 T cocoa powder
  • 2 T chia seeds
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 ripe banana cut up and mashed in with the rest of the ingredients
This is what it looked like last night:

This is what it turned out to be this morning:

Yes it looks like vomit, but it tasted like dessert.  I think the cocoa tasted way better than the protein powder I used the first time. Maybe if I found a better tasting protein powder it would be better.  I also think the chia seeds helped a lot because they soak up the extra liquid and make it more pudding-like.  The banana gives it a natural sweetness.  I will definitely be making this again, maybe even tonight!

Today was a very busy day, which was needed.  I checked many things off my to-do list, and saw a couple patients.  

I showed you breakfast, which really filled me up.  I don't think I even ate lunch until 2 or so.  All I did for lunch was throw some leftover whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles in a skillet, and heat up with some chopped garlic and parmesan cheese.  Instead the usual olive oil, I used one of my new Wildtree items.

Extra garlicky!

This afternoon we went out and ran some errands around town, Tyler was ready to go with his little baseball hat.

Bought some new kicks today- much needed ones.  I'll post a pic when they come in.  Yes, I had to order them because I have huge feet- size 11.  At least stores are finally starting to carry more bigger shoes, women's feet are getting bigger and bigger.  If I ever have a girl she's probably going to have size 15 or something.

Supper was prepared by hubby- steak and potatoes, big surprise.  : ) 

At least it was just a thin sandwich-cut steak, which I only had half of.  I did unfortunately make up for that with a nice loaded potato.  Added some cheese, 1 crumpled up bacon piece and then decided that wasn't enough fat so I added some sour cream. 


Getting pumped for a fun-filled grandma weekend!  Hubby is off tomorrow morning to Indiana for some boy time, and Grandma Pat is coming over to help with Tyler.  I have a feeling I will be exhausted, since my schedule is already almost completely booked for tomorrow!

No comments: