Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Smoker time!

The hubby got himself a birthday present, since I didn't get him anything.  He got one of these bad boys: 


That space pod/R2D2 looking object is the Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5" smoker.  His new pride and joy.

His first meal was bacon (apparently that helps season it) and chicken drummies.  I have a feeling we'll be eating lots of meat in the near future.

Before the picture for supper, here's the salad I made for lunch.  Pretty much same as yesterday but smaller.  The poor little spinach leaves that were left in the container were starting to wilt- finished off the package today.  Added chicken, grapes, feta, sliced almonds and poppy seed dressing. 


I realized I always post a picture of my salad before adding the dressing because it's prettier, but the poppy seed isn't bad, so here's an after shot.



Now for the meat.  Didn't get a picture of all the drummies, just the one I ate for supper.  Accompanied by some honey glazed carrots.  Which were amazing.


These carrots look way better than before- wish I would have thought to take a before and after picture.  You know when you let carrots sit in the fridge too long and they get all white and gross looking because of the chemicals they use to package them?  Well I said screw that I'm using them up.  

So I steamed them for about 7 minutes in my microwave Pampered Chef steamer, and then threw them in a medium sized frying pan.  Added a scoop of yogurt spread (you can use butter if you want), about 3 T of honey, and a sprinkle of sea salt, pepper and parsley flakes.  Stir them around for about 5 minutes.  They look so pretty now.



That's all folks... 2 posts in a day! Woo hooo!  Oh yeah, forgot to mention we lost our softball game tonight.  : (  It's ok though because they are a pretty good team and we fought back from a pretty bad first inning.  Sad that it's all over though, see ya next year team Lifetime Chiropractic!  

Just to warn you, my posts are going to be pretty sporadic this week.  We take off tomorrow after work to go get some continuing ed hours.  I'll see if I can get Blogger to work on my phone, but if I don't, you're out of luck and will have to find something else more interesting to do than read my blog for a couple days.  GooooD Luck!


No comments: