Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rash no more

Happy day, the rash is nearly gone!

Thank you for all your suggestions, guess this is a common ailment.  I pulled out the old physical examination text book from school and determined that Tyler's rash was not just a diaper rash, but in fact a yeast/fungal infection.   Yesterday I put on some OTC Clotrimazole on the rash (typically used for jock itch and athlete's foot), just put it on once in the AM and once in the PM, and this morning the rash was almost gone.  Still some redness but the skin is starting to flake off.  I wish I would have taken some pictures so you know what to look for, but didn't want to gross anyone out.  FYI- look for satellite lesions, scaly skin, slightly raised border and a rash that does not get better within a couple days of treating for diaper rash.  I am NOT a medical doctor, so get it checked out if you're in doubt between diaper rash and yeast infection.

Everyone was in a much better mood today.

I could taste my food, so I had a piece of Ezekial toast with some natural PB and homemade raspberry low sugar jam for breakfast.


Lunch was a smashed up avocado with some cilantro (enjoyed with some blue corn tortilla chips) and the leftover 6 inch buffalo chicken sub from Subway.


Look at these goofy guys.




For supper, I decided to improvise and use up some of these:


Not all at once of course.  Thanks Janet!

So what do I have on hand.....

How about shrimp, 2 cut-up jalapenos (minus seeds), 2 cloves of garlic, and 1/4 cup chopped onion?



And.... BACON!




Perhaps this is why I was a little too excited about bacon:




Just kidding, I only had about 3-4 oz. It's a school night.

I don't know why I didn't take more pics, probably because the entree wasn't too great.  I sauteed the shrimp in a frying pan and added the produce and 3 slices of chopped up bacon.  Once they were nice and brown I threw in 4 oz of lowfat cream cheese, splash of milk, and a couple sprinkles of parmesan cheese.  I was basically attempting to make some kind of an alfredo.  A healthier one hopefully.  I added then concoction to some thin whole wheat spaghetti.

Here's the finished product, hard to tell.  It was just ok, I will definitely work on perfecting this one.



Eh.  Cover it up with more Parmesan cheese and it's ok.  I think next time I'll just stop before adding the cream cheese.  It probably would have had enough flavor without it.

Any other ideas for jalapeno peppers?  Besides jalapeno poppers?


No comments: