Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to normal, kind of

I'm glad we got Monday out of the way.  I knew it would be crazy, and it was.  So crazy that we didn't get to grocery shopping until about 6:30 at night.  At least I was well-rested for the crazy day, Tyler finally went back to sleeping all night.  Think he just missed his bed, I don't blame the little buddy.  I did too!

Yesterday morning was just a bowl of pineapple Chobani with some organic coconut on top.  I didn't take a picture because A. you've seen it before and B. it was a pretty boring picture.

Speaking of boring pictures, my lunch yesterday was nothing too great either.  We didn't have any produce in the house (or a lot of time), so I had a quick open-faced turkey and sharp cheddar sandwich on some wheatberry bread.  With a side of organic blue corn tortilla chips.  I did dip them in to some salsa, which is not pictured.



I did manage to sneak in a small snack sometime during the day-had one of these little treats.  Love Larabars, they have very few ingredients and are mostly dates, nuts and other dried fruits.  I've never tried the gingersnap cookie until now, and I really liked it.  If I closed my eyes and really pretended, I could imagine it was a real cookie.  (Not really)



Like I said, we had a super crazy day.  I didn't even finish my charts last night.  We were pretty lazy after going to the grocery store, so this was our supper.



Just this, a whole roasted chicken.  No sides or anything.  I should have taken an after picture, because we demolished this.  We peel the skin off but also try to use every other bit of chicken.  At least we saved a little bit for lunch today.


So here we are, 5:30am on Tuesday.  Finishing up the blog, pumping, feeding a child and after that a quick swim.  Today is the last day the pool is open, so better get one more swim in before the triathlon.

The last day the pool is open is kind of sad, means that summer is coming to an end.  Honestly, I don't even know where summer went.  We were always on the go, and when we were home it was too hot to be outside anyways.  I hope this isn't a trend for the rest of my summers, I'd like them to slow down so I can enjoy them more!

No comments: