Thursday, August 11, 2011

Greek style

Day 1 of homecoming. Actually had 2 pretty good classes, and I'm excited to get back and start implementing some of the protocols. Now about the food.

I'm not sure how the pictures are showing up, on my phone they're just tacked on the end. So the first picture is of breakfast. Had oatmeal with dried cranberries and dried blueberries, with a side of fresh pineapple. I also grabbed a handful of fresh blueberries before we left for the day.

Lunch was Greek-themed. Piece of flatbread with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and feta. Had some pita bread and hummus on the side, along with some Mediterranean couscous.  I also had 2 pieces of baklava.  I should have stopped at 1 but it was so good.  That was the first experience with it, and I think I'll try it again someday. 

Oh and all I had to drink today was water. Lots of it.

When we got back to grandma's, I went for a quick run. Go me!  Then we had Harris pizza (quad cities style) and chocolate cake.  Good thing I went on that run.

We are off to bed since I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night.  Sorry patients, won't be in the office tomorrow, so don't get hurt or sleep wrong!



No comments: