Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Shredder!


Not the "heroes in a half shell.... turtle power" Shredder.  Brings back memories though.  Anyone ever watch the movies?

No, I spent a couple minutes with an old friend tonight.



Jillian and I worked out Level 2 of the 30 day Shred tonight.  Our Vegas trip is coming up way too soon, so it's time to kick it in gear.  Plus I need to get back to aerobics shape if I'm going to start teaching again.  Hopefully I can walk tomorrow.

This morning I needed to use up some ripe bananas or freeze them, so I chose to use them since I already have a couple packages of ripe bananas in the freezer.  I made some yummy banana bread, recipe courtesy of my auntie Teresa.  Not the healthiest, but tastes sooo good.  Has a little surprise layer of cinnamon and sugar.

Banana Bread

Makes 1 loaf

3 large ripe bananas                                             1/4 tsp salt
1 c sugar                                                             1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs                                                                  1/2 tsp baking powder
3 T milk                                                               1/2 c butter
2 c flour                                                                1 tsp vanilla
1 T sugar                                                               1 T cinnamon


Beat bananas, sugar and eggs.  Stir in milk.  Mix flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in separate bowl then add to the banana mixture.  Stir in melted better and vanilla.  Mix 1 T sugar and 1 T cinnamon.  Spread half the batter in a greased loaf pan, and sprinkle half of the cinnamon and sugar mixture on top.  Add the other half of the batter and sprinkle the remainder of the cinnamon and sugar on top.

Bake at 275 degrees for 1 1/2 hours (although mine are always done at 1 hr 15 min, so check with a toothpick often)            



Thanks Teresa for the recipe.  I ended up giving this to some friends though, since I need to watch my sugar.

It was really hard not to break into the loaf but I didn't.  Instead I had a bowl of vanilla Chobani with blueberries, chia seeds, and coconut.  No picture.

I wasn't sure what to have for lunch, so I just went searching for leftovers in the fridge.  When we went out to eat at Champs on Saturday, my mom had a french dip sandwich and brought half home.  She left it here, so I decided to use up the meat.

My inspiration for the meal was those little appetizers that you make with dried beef, cream cheese and pickles.  I loooooove those things.

So I used one of my new artisan tortillas, spread a dab of lowfat cream cheese on it, put the warmed up roast beef and threw some dill pickles on top.  It was awesome.







I took this picture so you can judge the size, I have two sizes of plates, and when you take a closeup it's hard to see how big it actually is, so here's the little next to the big.  Love Fiestaware!



Supper was prepared by hubby, some chicky chicky parm parm.  Homemade chicken parmesan!  He pan-fried some smart chicken dipped in Italian bread crumbs, warmed up some sauce, made whole wheat noodles.  I threw all that in a bowl plus a big handful of spinach to get some greens since I didn't have any for lunch.  Topped it off with some Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and of course Parmesan cheese!



That's all for today, have a feeling tomorrow is going to be cah- razy!

                                 

No comments: