Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ate the whole pan!

So that granola I was talking about?  It was pretty awesome.  No baking involved, which is great during the summer.  I put it in the freezer last night to firm it up, but had a little sample before bed.  Then this morning I had another sample.... and another... and then before you know it I ate it all.  Oopsie!  It was just so good, and I guess I had been craving a little chocolate.

Here's the recipe I used, which I adapted from here.  You can pretty much add whatever you want, be creative!

No Bake Granola

1 1/2 c oats (I used gluten-free)
1/2 c peanut butter (I used natural crunchy)
1/2 c coconut (sweetened or unsweetened- I used sweetened)
1/4 c honey
1/4 c agave nectar
2 T ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c dark chocolate chips
1/4 c dried cherries

Mix together, press into wax-lined tupperware and put it in freezer.  Enjoy!






It was a little crumbly, you'll probably have to add more sugary stuff or peanut butter if you want it to be more of a formed bar.

So that was my breakfast.

Lunch was another turkey, spinach, Laughing Cow cheese on Ezekial bread.  It was good fuel for a productive afternoon.  Ran almost 4 miles!, cleaned up the dining room and organized my new desk, folded clothes and vacuumed.

 I also pureed some frozen raspberries that I have had in the freezer forever, added 1/3 c sugar and 2 T of lemon juice and put it in the freezer for some sorbet later.




My zucchini pickles are coming along- they definitely have a kick to them, since I added more crushed red pepper than the recipe called for.  I transferred them to jars, but couldn't find a lid for the third one. Why do some of the slices have big hard seeds in them?  Is that normal for zucchini?




Supper was grilled smart chicken marinated in vidalia onion marinade, and some broccoli alfredo pasta.  I made sure there was left-over chicken for some spinach salads this week!




Oh, and someone got a bath tonight.



Hope everyone had a good weekend... ready for a brand new week!

No comments: