Tuesday, August 2, 2011


This humidity just kills all my motivation.  I haven't worked out at all the last two days.  I haven't put anything in my nice new Craigslist desk (although it is finally clean and in place!), and I didn't even have the energy to finish all my charts from today.  It's all I can do to finish this post. I'll try my hardest!

Thank you craigslist

Not bad for $45!  Need to replace a couple handles

Didn't help that Tyler got up at 2:45am and was ready to eat.  Thankfully he went back to bed around 4 so I could sleep a little more.

Breakfast:  lemon Chobani with blueberries and coconut.  No picture since I was in a big hurry.

Lunch: spinach salad with smart chicken, blueberries, slivered almonds and Newman's sesame ginger dressing.  Also finished up the banana bread from last week.

Supper:  my master griller hubby fixed up some more grilled smart chicken, as well as grilled corn on the cob. This was actually the first time I've had grilled corn- not too bad.  It was a little tough, but I think that was the more the corn's fault than the grill's.  I also made a little salsa- threw fresh tomatoes, green pepper, banana pepper, jalapeno pepper, red onion, garlic and cilantro in the food processor.  Doesn't look too pretty, and it's kind of soupy, but it works.  Tested it out with a couple tortilla chips, but it will be delicious over some cut-up chicken and brown rice.

Using the handy dandy corn griller aparatus

Soupy salsa

Speaking of brown rice, we tried to spoon-feed Tyler again tonight.  I whipped up some homemade organic brown rice cereal.  Didn't go well, he ended up puking it all up.

To make your own baby cereal mix, grind up 1/4 cup brown rice- I used organic long-grain but you can use any rice.

Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, and add the ground up rice.  Reduce to a simmer and whisk constantly for 10 minutes.  When it was done, I let it cool a little and then thinned it out with some breastmilk.

He kind of ate a little, got a bunch all over his mouth and face, then he coughed and explosively puked it all up.  Guess we need to wait a little longer.  I'll just have to deal with the middle of the night feedings for a little bit.

Good thing he's so darn cute.

No comments: