Thursday, September 29, 2011

My apologies.

Sorry about the lack of posts last night, but I really didn't have anything too exciting to blog about.  Not that I ever do, but you get to hear about my life regardless.  =)   

I think the highlight of the day's meals was lunch.  We had some pulled pork in the fridge, and I happened to have 2 ancient grains tortillas left.  So I made a pulled pork quesadilla.  Sprayed some PAM on one side of a tortilla, put it in a hot skillet and layered some pork, pepperjack cheese and bbq sauce on top.  Covered it with the other tortilla, sprayed the top of that tortilla and placed the grill press on top.  Flip it and cook a little more, and you have a delicious little treat.  With a side of baked beans.




For supper I used up the rest of the spinach and had another taco salad, WITHOUT the ranch dressing this time.  Go me.

Now on to today.  Nice early morning with Tyler and and a conference call.  Started with a sourdough English muffin with peanut butter and low sugar homemade raspberry jam.  




Caught up on this week's Biggest Loser with my buddy Erica, we ate cookies and watched them workout.  =)  Don't worry, she went for a run in the morning and I made it to the gym this afternoon.

Over the lunch hour I had a much needed deep tissue massage that I had been putting off for awhile now.  I made sure to chug chug chug the water today so I won't be cursing tomorrow.

On my way home from the massage I stopped at our local produce stand and got some of these:



Exciting things to come this weekend!!


Like I said, I did make it to the gym to complete a shoulder workout.  I also did another super quick treadmill workout.

All at incline 0%
7.0    5 min
4.0    1 min
8.0    2 min
4.0    1 min
9.0    45 sec
7.0    30 sec
6.0    30 sec
4.0    1 min 15 sec
3.5    1 min

Like I said, super short.

For supper tonight, I had one pound of extra lean ground beef to use up, so I decided on some meatloaf.  I tweaked a recipe I found in my Taste of Everly cookbook.  

My Favorite Meatloaf
1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
2 small green peppers (I used some sweet red peppers too, check out the produce picture), chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
pinch of minced garlic
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
salt and pepper

Topping: 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 T mustard

Combine all meatloaf ingredients and mash together well.  Press into loaf pan and spread topping on top.  Cook for 45-60 minutes in 350 degree oven.  






So nice and moist, and full of flavor.  I forgot, I dumped some Cookies seasoning as well.  Lawry's would be a good addition too.  We had some steamed green beans on the side.  







What a good helper.  


Can't believe it's already Friday... big homecoming game here against Decorah.  If it's not too yucky out, we might venture out- depending on the babe. I kind of remember what a big deal homecoming used to be.  Man, that seems like forever ago...


No comments: