Saturday, September 24, 2011

All you can eat lessons

Friday went as anticipated.  Super busy in the clinic, tired afterwards.

Tyler did great at daycare, took a couple naps, ate like a champ, and played.  No more "sad" on his report card.  He did get a "sleepy" in the afternoon.  I would get a "sleepy" most days too!

Started my day off with a good ol' Chobani- black cherry style



Lunch was left-over meatballs and sauce, hubby made some whole wheat spaghetti noodles to go with it.


As usual, we were pretty tired after work, so we went out to the country club for their all-you-can-eat fish dinner.  Fried fish of course.

I forgot to take pics, but it wasn't pretty.  Wasn't as bad as the Vegas buffet though.  I think I had three pieces of fish- huge fillets- and plenty of baked beans and mashed potatoes.  I didn't feel uncomfortable afterwards but I was plenty full.  Hubby and I commented on the lack of vegetables (no- cheesy mashed potatoes don't count) at this buffet and most other buffets in Iowa.  How hard would it really be to steam up some broccoli or carrots and throw them on the table?

For some reason, when the words "buffet" or "all-you-can-eat" are involved, I can never just have one plate.  You know what I mean?  I think it's the cheapskate in me, always wanting to get as much as I can for a buck.  I know I should just avoid them period, but it's tough when there's so many in our small little town.  Need to learn that lesson.


source

So now it's Saturday.  I'd really like this to be one of my ambitious Saturdays, so we'll see how that goes. I'm going to be starting my new workout plan today, which I will share with you later.  I'm really hoping to try out a new recipe too, since it looks to be a gloomy day out- which means good day for working in the kitchen.

Already started out with another Chobani- pomegranate!

No comments: