Sunday, September 11, 2011

A day that we'll always remember

I don't always have the best memory of events, but I know I'll always remember where I was 10 years ago on this day.  I was just getting out of the shower after waking up (oops skipped a class that morning) and came out into the living area of our Farwell dorm room at Luther.  Someone had the tv going and they were showing footage of the first plane hitting the WTC.  It was just so surreal.  We didn't get to stay to watch too much coverage that day, because everyone was called out of the buildings and told to evacuate the campus because of a bomb threat.  I think I went to Walmart or Subway with some friends because I didn't have anywhere else to go.  

A day like today just makes me so grateful to all the men and women that fight to keep our country safe.  



On a happier note, Tyler had a much better day.  I tried to take a picture of the teeth that are coming in, and this is the sequence of pictures that I got:







He's a squirmy one.  Can't even see it very well, but one's sticking out and it's sharp.

For lunch today we had some brisket sandwiches, with bbq sauce and provolone.  



The afternoon was spent in a hot and stuffy gym.  The past couple years I've helped one of my good friends coach a youth volleyball camp that runs every Sunday for about 5 weeks.  It's 3rd through 6th grade girls.  Today we had almost 50 girls in the 3/4 grade session.  I was a little scared of how that was going to go, but it went pretty well.  I don't think I screamed too much and I didn't make anyone cry.  Always a good day.  =)

Supper tonight was a massive salad.  I'm not kidding, it was pretty epic.  It had spinach, green pepper, celery, tomatoes, apple chunks, chicken, avocado, feta cheese, and walnuts.  All topped off with some roasted red pepper and vidalia onion vinaigrette.  It was so big I had to use a big girl bowl.  




Tasted like summer.  

Here's crazy-pants in his jumper, he can really catch some air.  



And here he is looking strangely evil because of the weird light.






Off to bed, only 3 work days this week, then Vegas!!!  If anyone has any "must-see's" in Vegas, post a comment and let me know!

No comments: