Sunday, September 11, 2011

Snooki Saturday

Poor little Tyler had a rough Friday night and Saturday.  I'm pretty sure it's his teeth.  He just wasn't sleeping long and wouldn't eat.  No fever or anything else, just fussy.  Hard to get upset though because he's so darn cute.  So that led to about 2-3 hours of sleep for me on Friday night.

I sucked it up and got outside to get some fresh air and went for a quick morning run, ending up at the farmer's market.  I picked up some farm fresh eggs, apples, sweet peppers and peaches.

Taking advantage of the eggs, I had 1 egg and 4 egg whites with a little hot sauce, accompanied by a whole wheat english muffin.  


Then at lunch I headed in for my spray tan.  That was quite the experience.  You wear a swimsuit or your undergarments, whatever you want, and just stand there while she sprays you down.  That part is fine but then you have to just stand there for at least 10 minutes while you dry off.  I got bored and did some squats.  Multi-task!

The rest of the day you're not supposed to get wet or sweat or anything.  Yeah right.  Tyler drooled on me right away and left a blotch on my arm.    

I'm not really orange, just really brown.  Don't be frightened, but here's a self-portrait (with my bottle of Galena wine because I had to have a glass while cooking):



I was referred to as Snookie or LWOWW several times yesterday.

I'll try to get a picture today after a shower when it's calmed down a bit.

Speaking of cooking, hubby got out the smoker and smoked up some ribs, turkey legs and brisket yesterday afternoon.  I made some baked beans and skillet cornbread to go with the meat.  We ate at about 3 or so, so yesterday was a 2 meal day.



We also watched the big showdown, Iowa vs ISU- way to go Cyclones!  

We were supposed to go to another Wildtree party last night, but with Tyler being fussy and hubby not feeling well, we just stayed in.  I had plenty of time to blog, but something took up waaay too much of my day yesterday:


I actually started it on Friday night, but then finished it up last night.  Pretty easy read, obviously, but really good.  I just love young adult books - can't tell you how many times I've read the Twilight series- so I thought I'd cave and read the one that everyone's talking about.  

Great book, lots of action and interesting concept.  It's a book that I'm actually really excited to see the movie version of, because there can be several points of view that can be shown as opposed to the book which is just one POV.  You'll have to read the book for that to make sense.  =)

This morning I really wanted to use up some of the farmer's market peaches.  Hubby wanted pancakes, so I made some buttermilk pancakes with a peach compote (more like peach syrup).

I just used a mix for the pancakes, with a little vanilla added.  For the peach compote, I cut up 4 peaches and put them in a medium saucepan.  I added 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and a pinch of cloves.  I brought it to a boil then turned it down to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes.  



Pretty tasty, but ended up making my pancakes mushy because it was so liquid-y.  

Off to play with Tyler- who after a full night of sleep is a much happier baby.  

No comments: