Thursday, September 22, 2011

Back on track

Did something today that I've been meaning to do for a long time now- bought a gym membership.  I usually avoid gyms in the summer because I like to be outside.  Turns out this summer I was inside most of the time anyways, so should have done this earlier.  I have a lifting program that I'll be starting soon, so stay tuned.  Today was just a run on the treadmill and some ab work.

This morning breakfast was just a whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter and raspberry jam.  Most of the morning was spent taking care of Tyler.  He is much better today, still a runny nose but no fever.  He was generally really happy, but the second you put him down, he started crying.  I think between him being sick and us taking care of him, and the weekend at home with Grandma and Grandpa, he is used to being held.  Which isn't a bad thing of course.  He just prefers to cuddle now.  =)

He's a quick little dude, and we've discovered he needs constant supervision when laying on the couch now.  He was hanging out with hubby on the couch, and in the time it took for hubby to simply stand up, Tyler did a quick roll and rolled right off the couch.  Thank goodness there was a big blanket right under him, so it was a cushioned landing.  He was a little scared, but no bumps or bruises.  Let the fun begin.

Oh and here's a good shot of the little guy and his two teeth.  We did a little 6 month photo shoot today since we were gone on the actually day.

Ignore the crazy snowflake blanket background


Lunch was all my hubby's idea.  I didn't protest much though.  He thought it would be a good idea to support a local business, Main Street Market.  On Thursdays they have gigantic pork tenderloins.  Two times the size of the bun.  It came with some veggies and banana cake.  There were also some potato wedges underneath the sandwich, but I didn't eat them.


Check out the sweet rainbow I caught this afternoon.



After working out and hitting the grocery store, we got started with supper.

Look at this grocery bag... Chobani is back in stock at Fareway!!  And broccoli.  And I don't know if you can see them, but aren't my toenails cute?  I love the polish I used for Vegas, lots of purple and blue sparkles.



Anyways, I bought two New York strips to cook up, cast-iron skillet style.  We rub some olive oil on each side and sprinkle each side generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.  Put them in a super hot cast iron skillet and press down.  You want to get a good seal so you can form a good crust.  After a couple minutes, flip them and press down again.  We usually throw them in the oven for a minute or two after getting a crust on each side, then let them sit for awhile.  

I only had 1/3 of the smaller steak.  Accompanying the steak was an old favorite, a baked sweet potato.  Hubby had a regular baked potato. The potatoes were rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt (and poked with a fork couple times over), and put in a 375 degree oven for 1 hour.  I cut mine open, put a little yogurt spread on top and sprinkled with cinnamon.



I threw this picture in so you could see portion size.  Steak was about same size as fist, potato bigger. 

We also had the leftover green beans as another side.

So excited.... season premier of Parks and Recreation tonight!!  Definitely my favorite show.



Tomorrow is (surprise surprise) going to be a crazy day in the office, so look for a post late tomorrow or Saturday morning!






No comments: