Sunday, September 18, 2011

Las Vegas

I'm pretty beat, so here's my pathetic blog attempt to cover our trip.  It was tons of fun, lots of indulgence.  Unfortunately we didn't hit it big, but on the other hand we didn't lose a ton of money either.  I sometimes forgot to take pictures.  Here are some food and drink highlights:


Pizza from the secret pizza place at the Cosmopolitan



Blueberry pecan pancake from Hash House A Go Go (Hubby's brown sugar banana was better)

I ate about 3/4 of it... even though it was way bigger than my head

Yummy bloody mary on Fremont Street!



Chocolate ice cream with almonds and coconut from Icepan



My favorite: braised shortrib with truffle teriyaki and celery root puree from Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar and Grille



My least favorite: orange chicken and spicy shrimp from Panda Express (a poor decision after too many cocktails)



Harrah's buffet... look, something green!



So yes, lots of indulgence.  I don't want to know how many calories I took in.  At least in Vegas we walked everywhere so I figure we burned off about 1/10 of the calories.

I had so much fun, but always on the back of my mind was our little guy.  I know he was in good hands, but it was hard not to worry about him.  Even in the couple days we were gone he changed.  He had another tooth come in and I swear he's about 5 pounds heavier... just like his mama!

That's all for tonight, sorry about the lack of posts and the shortness of this one, but I am beat and tomorrow is going to be crazy.

Good to be home!

No comments: