Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sleep? What's that?

Our first day back did not go well.  We should have known something was up with Tyler because he hardly slept all night.  Very fussy and uncomfortable.  Took his temperature around 5 am or so, and it was only 99/100.  Not too bad, so we packed him up and took him to daycare.

Less than 45 minutes later, we get a call asking us to come pick him up because his fever is almost 104!

He was just not himself, very unhappy and not playing.  He was starting to get a rash all over his face, which was probably from the fever.  I tried looking in his ears but he wouldn't let me look enough to see if they were red.  I gave him an adjustment (which normally he doesn't mind but he did not like this one) and then took him in to the doctor.

By the time we got there, his fever was down to 101.  They asked me how much Tylenol or ibuprofen I gave him, and I said none!  (I didn't go into a long speech about the power of chiropractic, saved that one for another day)

The doctor had to clean out his ears to see in them, and said they weren't red or anything.  Did a strep test and that was negative.  Everything checked out ok, so he just said call if it gets worse.

Luckily our schedule at the office wasn't as crazy as we thought it'd be, so I stayed home with him in the morning and hubby stayed with him in the afternoon.  Poor little guy, I hate it when he's sick.  The only good thing is that he lets you cuddle with him more.

So needless to say, we had a pretty sleepless night last night.  I stayed out on the couch with him, probably got about 3-4 hours of sleep combined.  He seems like he's doing better today, but still not eating too much.  Praying I can get a nap in before the afternoon.

Meals were pretty random yesterday since we still haven't gone to the store.

Breakfast was a piece of cinnamon raisin Ezekial bread.



Lunch was a piece of regular Ezekial bread with cracked pepper turkey and a piece of provolone cheese.  I accompanied that with some super healthy baked Cheetos.  Dessert was a chocolate chip brownie Larabar.  Guess I forgot to take that picture.


Supper was going to be spaghetti, but we had a couple whole wheat buns that we needed to use up.  Earlier in the day I was wanting Subway, so I decided to make my own meatball sub- on a whole wheat bun instead.

I defrosted some extra lean ground beef and got to work.

Italian meatballs (courtesy of my Cooking Light cookbook)

1 lb ground beef
1/2 c Italian bread crumbs
1/3 c skim milk
1 egg white
1/4 c parsley (called for fresh but I only had dried)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp minced garlic

Combine ingredients well and form approximately 24 one inch meatballs.  Place them on a broiler pan and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.



After they were done I tossed them in some heart healthy spaghetti sauce and heated them on the stovetop for a couple minutes.  Toasted the whole wheat buns, put a couple meatballs and sauce on top, then sprinkled with crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning and some chopped up banana peppers.  Hubby added some provolone cheese to his.



Need to go get some sleep, so that's all for now, try to get another post up tonight.

No comments: