Friday, September 9, 2011

Early morning struggles

Another early morning.  Guess Tyler is just going to be an early bird... not good for this late owl.  Today he woke up around 5, but I decided I would make the most of it.  I fed him while I pumped, and he fell asleep about 15 minutes after eating.  I put him back to bed, then got my butt up and did level 2 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred.

Let me tell you, it was so hard to motivate myself to get up and do it.  Part of me just wanted to go back to bed and sleep for another hour.  I really hate working out in the morning but man does it feel great to be done with it so early.

After my workout I enjoyed my overnight oats creation that I put together last night.

I'm still working on tweaking it, and this one was pretty yummy- I think the coconut milk makes a big difference.

1/3 c old fashioned oats
1 c plain coconut milk
2 T chia seeds
1/2 mashed banana
1/2 T chocolate protein powder
1/2 T cocoa powder

Just mix it together, cover it up and pop in the fridge.  You can heat it up in the morning if you want, but I like it cold.  It was like eating dessert for breakfast!

I know it looks like vomit or feces but it really does taste good.  I promise.


Lunch was a softshell taco on a whole wheat tortilla.  Turkey meat, cheese, spinach, taco sauce and plain Greek yogurt.  Hubby made up some taco meat using ground turkey yesterday, which we haven't done in awhile.



Good tip- for lower fat and less calories, substitute ground turkey instead of beef.  Just make sure you use a lean turkey- I think ours was 98% lean.  It does taste a little different, but once you mix it with other ingredients, it's less noticeable- especially tacos and chili.

Supper was a grilled chicken breast with leftover veggie stuff- veggie basket from last night and the last quinoa-stuffed pepper.



Looking forward to tomorrow- Iowa vs. Iowa State, hubby is smoking a bunch of meat in the smoker, trying a spray tan for the first time!, and several other exciting activities.

Anyone else out there ever try a spray tan?

Stay tuned!

No comments: