Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Galena Canning Company

Tyler has been such a good boy lately, sleeping through the night again.  However, he is being a little piggy and exhausting his milk supply!  I can't keep up so we've been going through his frozen stash.  I had a ton of frozen milk, and we're down to the last 80 ounces or so.  You'd think that'd be quite a bit.  Well this little stinker has been going through 35-40 ounces a day.  And I've even been better about doing rice at night (last night was avocado).  Hopefully this is just another little growth spurt.

I was feeling much better today, which is good because we had another super busy day.  My breakfast was 2 mini zucchini bran muffins and a black cherry Chobani yogurt.

Lunch was taco leftovers.  Hubby used up most of the taco meat, so I used chicken instead.  I used a whole wheat tortilla and added chicken, black beans, taco cheese, iceberg lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, salsa, and plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.  Great substitution, because it tastes sooo similar to sour cream, and much better for you!





Dinner was prepared by hubby.  He used the cast iron skillet to make some sandwich-cut ribeyes, a baked potato that we split, and his idea of a salad: cut-up iceberg lettuce, spinach and a couple carrots.  A little simple, so I added a touch of a new dressing I got in Galena: Vidalia onion and sweet pepper vinaigrette.  I also opened a mango habanero salsa from the same store (Galena Canning Company) the other day and loved it.



Thin sandwich cut rib-eyes (I had 1/2 of one, he had 1 and 1/2)





I'm off to get a good night's sleep because tomorrow is going to be a productive day!!

No comments: