Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Remember those apples?

I forgot to fill you in on what I did with that bag of honeycrisp apples I bought last week.  I made some delicious crockpot applesauce.

I'm sorry I don't really have a recipe for you, I just cut up a bunch of apples and threw some stuff in the crockpot and let it sit.  I suppose I could be a bit more specific for you.  I cut up about 10-12 apples, leaving the skin on (next time I will remove it or strain it, since the skin is weird when it's done) and putting them in a crockpot.  I added 1/2 cup of no sugar added apple juice, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and then sprinkled some cinnamon and nutmeg in.  I would guess about 1-2 T of cinnamon and 1 tsp of nutmeg.  I originally turned it on high because I got it started later in the day, but turned it down to low after about 2-3 hours.  Let it simmer the whole day.

Hard to get a good pic because it's so hot- steamed up the lens

Pretty crazy that so many apples cook down to practically nothing.  Didn't have a ton of leftovers, shucks.  Tonight I heated a little bit up and put a couple small scoops of low fat frozen yogurt in them.... just like apple pie!

Ok, on to today.  Breakfast was a raspberry Chobani with some slivered almonds sprinkled on top for extra protein.


Lunch was the exact same salad as last night.



Supper was a waaay late for me, like almost 8:30.  After work I rushed to teach my first aerobics class since having Tyler- it went awesome by the way, feels so good to be back- then I came home showered, and headed to the high school volleyball game.

West Delaware was playing Solon, and both teams are rated in the top ten of the state in class 3A.  I was so exhausted, I left after the second game.  Guess I missed some good ones, they went 5 games.  Going to watch games always makes me miss playing so bad.



So when I got home I threw some chopped green peppers and onions in a skillet with some olive oil and sauteed them for a little bit.  Then I scrambled 3 eggs and put them in the skillet, and topped with a little colby jack.  Add a piece of Ezekial toast with yogurt spread on the side and voila.... breakfast for supper.

Over did the eggs a bit

Off to bed... man am I exhausted.

No comments: