Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm back

I really hate to post ahead of time when we'll be out of town, so that someone won't read my blog and rob us.  Then I got to thinking, what do we have that someone would actually want to take?  We never have any cash on hand, and we take everything that is worth any money (wedding ring, laptop, phone) with us.

Anyways, we took off for Kansas on Friday and just got back last night.  We went down to visit Hubby's mom and the rest of his family.  After a hectic day in the office on Friday, we packed up and hit the road.  We picked up Tyler from daycare and put him in his car seat, and he started screaming bloody murder.  How could he be unhappy in his new luxury carseat?!  Not a good start to the weekend.  He screamed for about an hour and a half then finally fell asleep.  He wouldn't eat, didn't have a dirty diaper, wouldn't take a pacifier... something was wrong.  He was fussy the whole weekend, and started to run a fever.  Saturday it got pretty high, we had to go get some baby Tylenol just to help him get comfortable.  Poor little guy.  He ate ok and everything, so I'm not sure if it was just a virus or if it's teeth coming in.  He did a little better on the ride home yesterday, and the fever finally broke this morning.  Thank goodness, just in time to take him to daycare to be around all the germs.

Then of course last night I started feeling crappy, and still have a sore throat today and just feel a little nauseous.  I really hope I don't get what hubby had last week.  Not fun.

My phone was pretty much dead the whole weekend and I forgot my camera, so no pics from the weekend.  It wasn't pretty anyways.  Lots of not so healthy food, although it was pretty darn tasty food.  Chipotle on Friday, YellowSub and Glory Days on Saturday, Dunkin Donuts (pumpkin donuts!!) and MickeyD's on Sunday.  No french fries for this girl though... Southern Chicken sandwich with a fruit and walnut snack- which I got super pissed at.  I thought it was a fruit and walnut salad, because it is clearly listed under the salad section, and even says "salad" but there was no lettuce.  Just some pieces of apple and some grapes with yogurt and walnuts.  It was good, but not what I expected.  I was already mad at them for not having their oriental chicken salad anymore.

We desperately need to go grocery shopping, so meals today were simple.  English muffin with peanut butter for breakfast, and a wrap made with leftover crockpot chicken and shredded Swiss cheese.  Tonight we heated up some leftover sausage and corn Glory Day's pizza.  Yum.

Here are a couple pics from today, just to satisfy your photo appetite:

Added a small dose of OJ

Wrap with baby carrots

Hubby decided to throw on a bunch of cookies that were leftover from the weekend.  I only consumed one.  = )



So hopefully we get to the grocery store tomorrow to stock up on healthy stuff- I'm craving spinach and apples!  

Off to bed early again, trying to ward off this sickness that keeps fighting me.  

No comments: