Thursday, October 6, 2011

Not as sore as I thought

That title is referring to my surprise reaction when waking up yesterday.  After teaching my first aerobics class on Tuesday, I thought I wouldn't be able to walk the next day.  What a nice surprise to be able to walk, pain-free even!  My legs were a little tired but not bad at all.  It's more of a bootcamp, good mix of cardio and strength training with a nice core strength session.  It felt so good to get back into it.  

So let's see.... breakfast yesterday was a pomegranate Chobani (this might be my favorite fruit flavor because of the little crunchy seeds) and a small bowl of Cheerios, bananas and coconut milk.  I don't usually do a lot of cereal for breakfast, but there was only a little bit left in the box so I finished it off for the hubby.  

Pretty crappy pictures when it's dark out

For lunch I had a couple leftover spareribs from the weekend and a small spinach side salad with slivered almonds.  I opened some new dressing to use on it, Annie's Organic Goddess dressing.  I had never heard of goddess dressings until I entered the blog world.  Here's what Wikipedia has to say:
Green goddess is a salad dressing, typically containing mayonnaisesour creamchervilchivesanchovytarragonlemon juice, and pepper. Before the advent of ranch dressing, green goddess was one of the most popular salad dressings on the West Coast of the United States.

Didn't know that.  Anyways, it's pretty good.  Has a nice little tang.





After a busy day, we were pretty tired, so we went with leftovers for supper.  Ate up the rest of the beef shortribs (what a day for ribs!) with some green beans on the side with some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

Another stellar picture- sorry


This morning after a conference call I prepared a yummy bowl of peach Chobani greek yogurt, frozen raspberries, chia seeds and unsweetened organic coconut.  So good.



At the moment, while I'm hooked up to the pump, we're watching the ESPN documentary "Catching Hell."  Holy cow.  It's a story about Steve Bartman, the fan that supposedly ruined the Cubs chances at going to the World Series in 2003.  Who wouldn't want to try to catch a foul ball?  And what is incredibly ridiculous is the idea that that one play cost them the game.  So many other things had to happen for them to lose.  Oh my gosh the more I watch, the more I feel so sorry for this guy!

As a former athlete, I remember how many times I felt like it was my fault I lost the game.  It's so hard to shake that feeling, when you know you messed up or know you could have done better.  I still remember my junior year of high school playing basketball in the regional final to go to state.  I think we lost by 4 or 5, and I was about 4 for 12 from the free throw line.  Pretty tough to get over.

Anyways, think I'll head to yoga to stretch it out today.  Have a great day!

No comments: