Thursday, October 20, 2011

Catch up time

I'm back.  Hubby is feeling better, Tyler hasn't gotten sick and I'm somewhat rested.  I was supposed to go to "The Help" last night but by the time I finished up work, picked up Tyler and fed him and then ate something, I was shot.  My legs were already sore from the workout the day before (I'll describe below) so working in the office by myself all day was intense.  I think I got to sit down once.  So enough complaining- hopefully I'll get to the movie tonight and it better be as good as people say it is!

Meals were pretty random the last couple days because of the craziness.  Here are the highlights (and a couple low-lights):

Hubby made homemade mac and cheese (this is before the sickness) and heated up pork for lunch one day

Carb overload!!!- at least it was part whole wheat pasta

Last bit of fresh pineapple- I love this stuff!


Egg breakfast sandwich- 1 egg on whole wheat toasted English muffin with Havarti cheese and some raspberry jam


Lunch for my sicky- tomato soup with grilled cheese (using Ezekial bread and last of the Havarti cheese)





A treat for myself last night after a long exhausting day- lowfat vanilla frozen yogurt with chocolate and sprinkles!


Breakfast today- one leftover carrot cake pancake that I threw in the toaster, topped with some pineapple Chobani and unsweetened shredded coconut



Whew.  There were plenty other meals mixed in there, but mostly just leftovers or junk.

As I mentioned earlier, my legs were exhausted yesterday.  It felt awesome.  Need to get those muscles back so I can rock it in volleyball league.  I love my exercise class, I have an awesome group of girls who like to be pushed.  I won't fill you in on the whole workout, but here's a little sample workout based on what we did on Tuesday:
  • 10 walking lunges forward, turn around and do 10 walking lunges back to starting point (or in place if no room)
  • 20 Curtsy lunges with a lateral raise
  • 50 squats
  • 20 squat jumps
  • 1 minute jumping jacks
  • 30 seconds plank jacks
  • 1 minute jumping jacks
  • 30 seconds plank jacks
  • 20 bent-over rows 
  • 20 bent-over reverse flies
  • 20 triceps kickbacks
  • 20 overhead triceps extensions
  • 30 seconds high knees- fast
  • 30 seconds butt kicks- fast
  • 1 minute jump rope
Follow that up with 10 minutes of ab work and stretching.  Like I said, left a couple things out, but that's a good workout to get you started.  You'll have to google any of the moves you don't recognize, I included a link for curtsy lunges because they are a little different and they are a great move.  PLEASE remember to consult your doctor before embarking on a new exercise plan.  




So true.


Have some fun things planned for today, off to find a carseat for my little man (who is getting to be a big man!).


No comments: