Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day of favorites

I am really not living up to the "healthy living" in my title these days.  Time to get on track soon.

Yesterday my great aunt and a friend were passing through town so I took them to one of my favorite places to eat here- Betty's Bread Basket.  It is an adorable little tea room down town that features homemade food by Betty herself.  My absolute favorite is her Swiss Baked Chicken (which I happen to have the recipe for!), and yesterday that happened to be on the menu.  I was beyond excited.  She has some amazing salads as well, with some great dressing, mandarin oranges, dried cranberries and candied pecans.

Here's the salad:


And the entree, with green beans and carrots and a piece of cranberry orange bread.



There was a packed house, so we had to wait quite awhile for some service.  I didn't really mind, but they were very apologetic.  In fact, they gave us all free dessert for being patient.  Of course I went with the pumpkin cheesecake.  And of course I did not take any home, I finished it all off.  I ate it so fast I didn't get a picture.

Good thing I had a super busy afternoon and worked off some of those calories.

By the time supper rolled around, we were both exhausted.  We decided to break out some of the pizza brought back from Kansas.  This is seriously the best pizza I think I've ever had.  My hubby and I both love pizza, and we've sampled plenty in our day, and this is number one.

Glory Days pizza from Lawrence.  We always get sausage and corn pizza, with original crust.  I could probably polish off a whole pizza by myself.

Last night I showed restraint, and only had two pieces.  I added a side spinach salad to get some greens in.  Used up some Annie's Goddess dressing.  Oh, and the last little bit of my cherry wine from Galena Cellars.






This morning I "healthified" my breakfast to make up for the excess calories yesterday.  I had a vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt with frozen blueberries, chia seeds and 1/4 cup of Cascadian Farms granola.





Today I have some stuff to do in the clinic, teach workout class, and get the family spiffed up for picture day! A friend of ours is taking some pictures of Tyler, hope the weather is nice.

I took some pictures of Tyler on my own, in his new jammies.  Not exactly professional quality, but he's cute anyways.







So let's see if we can generate some comments. What's your all-time favorite pizza???

No comments: