Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Jessie!

What a weekend.  Somehow I survived, but I'll probably be a tad tired tomorrow.

Saturday morning Cheri and I started out bright and early at 6:45 AM on our bikes to ride to Delhi.  Think we went about 9 or 10 miles, and had about 10 minutes before the 5K started.  It was a nice course, had some hills mixed in, which I like.  It got pretty toasty out though, and I was dragging.  My goal was to get under 30 minutes, but I didn't make it.  : (   I ran it in 30 min 10 sec.  Not bad I guess, since we put in the bike ride beforehand.

By the way, my breakfast that morning was a black cherry almond Clif bar.  I chugged tons of water then headed to the farmer's market to get some farm fresh eggs.... but they were out!!  So sad.  I did pick up a couple peppers- green, banana and jalapeno.

After showering we took off for Chi-town.  Lunch was Quiznos, which we both love.  I especially loved my meal, had a spicy chipotle turkey Sammie, and a harvest chicken salad.  The chicken salad was amazing.  I could have just had a huge one of those.  Lettuce, honey mustard chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, grapes, apples, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds, topped off with a little acai vinaigrette.  I can't tell you how much I loved this salad, but I don't know if I was just starving or if it was that good.







We made it Jessie and John's house, and it was all decked out for the big party.  It was such a perfect night, not too hot and not too buggy.  They had quite the spread, forgot to take a picture of everything.  I did take a picture of my plate, a piece of fried chicken that I peeled the skin off, chinese ramen salad and a chopped salad from Portillo's. I could have had a whole plate of each of those salads. I accompanied my meal with a Sol (Mexican beer) and lime.



I may or may not have had a couple of those Mexican beers, and a big piece of the birthday cake.  Happy 30th birthday to my BFF!



The party went late into the night, and I have no idea how I stayed up so late.  I did have a s'more and some pasta at about 1 in the morning.  It was just calling to me.

Finally made it to bed and got a solid 4 hours of sleep before Tyler decided to get up.  Today was not a stellar day for meals.  I called it a "vacation" day.  Breakfast was a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, which was the healthiest of John's cereals!  : )

For lunch we went to Five Guy's for a burger.  It's supposedly pretty popular.  I did not know how huge the burgers were... should have gotten a little one.  You get to choose what you want for toppings- I had pretty much everything but mushrooms.  Hubby and I shared some fries.  I wasn't really impressed, didn't think the burger was that good and the fries weren't great.  Jessie and John had cajun fries which were better, but this meal just didn't sit right.  I felt like crap the whole way home.



We did stop at Hy-Vee in Dubuque again and picked up some goodies.  You'll see what we purchased as the week goes on.

You'd think once I got home I'd grab something super healthy.  Nope.  We had reheated pizza.  Oh well.  Back on track tomorrow!!


 

No comments: