Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Aaaargh....

Well I made it up to go swimming at 6am.  Wasn't too hard since Tyler woke up at 3:45 again, don't know why. Did not get the Shred in today though. :(  Couldn't get it in before hubby went to work and had a webinar over the lunch hour.  After work I spent some time with Tyler and did some laundry, so no workout tonight.  Guess priorities change once kids come, huh.

Food pics for the day:

Breakfast of one egg and one egg white with half a potato crisped up in the pan- all covered with a little hot sauce to wake me up.



I should mention that I went a little overboard on snacks today.  Hope you're not expecting me to write down every single little thing I eat here (although if you are serious about losing weight, that is the #1 thing you can do-write down food and exercise), but I will tell you that I had over half a can of the digestive health mixed nuts from Planters.  I just love everything in it.  Pistachios, almonds, dried cranberries, and dried cherries- even the weird little granola clusters aren't bad.

Lunch was a tasty sandwich, using Ezekial bread (check it out here: http://www.foodforlife.com/), Hormel preservative free smoked turkey, slice of baby swiss, and some avocado slices.  Avocado is a much healthier fat than mayonnaise or Miracle Whip- try it!  Would have been even better with a couple slices of bacon, but I didn't have any. By the way, bacon is not a healthy option- just in case you didn't know that.  I did have a handful of my Tostitos Hint of Jalapeno chips on the side.  No dessert though!


Supper was a salad, pretty much identical to the one yesterday for lunch minus the chicken.  For protein my hubby made a nice little hunk of sirloin.  Been making steak quite often lately, just tastes so good when you make it in a cast iron skillet.  Just have to watch portions.  Dessert was smoothie with fresh strawberries, banana and vanilla greek yogurt.



Not sure if I'll get around to blogging tomorrow night, depends when we get home.  Heading to Cedar Falls for the big regional finals for the West Delaware girls' softball team.  They're playing Decorah, who my friend Teri Olson- TO- from Luther coaches.  Should be a great game- go hawks!  I sure miss playing competitive sports.  Coed beer league just doesn't cut it sometimes.  One of my regrets is that I didn't work harder at sports in high school.  I just got so much better in college, kind of made me mad that I didn't take lifting weights seriously in high school.  I know if I had more power and practiced more I really could have done so much better.  Can't do anything about it now I guess.

In the words of Dwight Schrute, "Question".  What do you wish you knew back in high school that you know now?

No comments: