Friday, July 29, 2011

Chicken nacho night

Well we somehow made it through the day without our front desk gal Kelly.  I know some people say they could never work with their spouse, but we actually work well together (or so I think).  Doesn't hurt that we both stay busy and hardly see each other during the day.

So let's see... breakfast was some left-over plain Chobani that I used in the banana bread.  Oh yeah, I did have a piece of that for breakfast.  So I had the plain yogurt, added a little vanilla and honey, blueberries, chia seeds, and slivered almonds.  



For lunch I had a spinach salad- chicken, blueberries and toasted walnuts.  With the dressing. 



I've been saying all this time that I'm adding toasted walnuts, guess I can clarify on that.  I take a few walnuts and throw them in a non-stick pan on the stove and heat them up for 2-3 minutes.  It just warms them up and they get a nice flavor.  Just don't leave them in too long, like I did today.  Didn't quite burn but they were definitely some toasty nuts.



Since it's Friday and we never feel like preparing much after a long week, we went with an old favorite.  Chicken nachos!!  Since it's kind of an unhealthy option, we try to make it as healthy as we can but still make it sinfully delicious.  So we use organic blue corn chips, chopped up smart chicken, black beans (drained and rinsed), cut-up spinach and.... the cheese.  Most of the time we use some wholesome Velveeta.  Tonight we classed it up and used a new kind: queso blanco.  We melt about half a container with a can of hot Rotel.  Soooooooo good.  

Here's a pic of the ingredients, I didn't bother taking a picture of the final product because it's covered in spinach and you can't see the individual ingredients.  Plus if you wait too long the chips get soggy and that's no fun!!




Tomorrow morning should be interesting.... riding my bike to Delhi then running a 5K race there.  I hope I don't pass out.  I'll have to wait to recap everything for you, I'll be heading to Chicago for my best friend's 30th birthday party this weekend.  Chi-town!!  Be back Sunday!

No comments: