Sunday, July 17, 2011

Twins win!

Well we barely survived the weekend.  I did wake up to work out at 6 on Saturday morning, but my workout partner did not.  I sucked it up and went out for a run.  Since it was not a billion degrees out, I decided it would just be better to go on a long run because that's my biggest challenge right now and it's harder to run out when it's hot than bike when it's hot.  Managed to get almost 4 miles in, then off to the farmer's market before we left for Minneapolis.

Here are the goodies:

The zucchini wasn't from the market- that was a patient's gift.  Purchases Saturday morning: farm fresh eggs, broccoli, zucchini bread, raspberry and raspberry jalapeno low sugar jam, and some cinnamon rolls for the family this weekend.

I whipped up some of those farm fresh eggs with some green peppers for breakfast.  Sooooo much better than eggs from the store- they even look better (even with my subpar photography skills).

So off we went to the cities for Tyler's first Twins game.  Good thing we picked one of the hottest days yet.  Not sure what the final temp was, but heat index was definitely over 100.  Poor little buddy did not do well.  It was plenty warm, but I think the noise scared the crap out of him.  Plus it was past his bedtime.  Not good combinations.  It was great seeing family, but it wasn't the best time for me.  I was so worried about Tyler I hardly got to enjoy anything.  Plus I was exhausted from running so much early that morning and then walking to the game and walking around with Tyler- and the humidity.  I know, whine whine whine.  The Twins did end up winning, much to hubby's dismay.  He made tons of "friends", with his cheering on the Royals.  At least no one threw anything at him.

Here's a sweaty tired self portrait of Tyler and I:

I forgot to mention meals, did NOT take any pictures because I didn't want to remind myself what I had.  We ate at Culver's in Clear Lake for lunch- had a single butter burger with sweet potato fries.  I was so busy at the game that all I had was a Bud Light Lime that got warm, a little bit of kettle corn and some ice cream that was so delicious because it was so cold.  Needless to say we all crashed that night.

Breakfast today was at our hotel- the Minneapolis Hilton.  Awesome breakfast buffet, since I didn't eat much the night before I was starving.  Had an omelet with green peppers, onions, tomatoes and ham, some breakfast potatoes, bran carrot muffin, fruit, and a small cup of vanilla yogurt with pecans, toasted coconut, golden raisins, cranberries and mini chocolate chips. They had a little yogurt/oatmeal bar that was awesome.  I think I'm going to start doing that at home.

Late lunch was at Taco Bell- Mexican pizza with softshell taco.  And that's enough crap for the weekend so I might have a little fruit tonight or just go to bed.  I did remember to take some pictures- Tyler turned 4 months this week!  Yes, babies get to have monthly birthdays the first year.  Such a lucky little baby.  He barely fits on the couch cushion anymore!

No comments: