Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Wanna-be Culver's

Got some food pics for you, sorry they're pretty crappy.  The lighting at our place is absolutely horrible so I have to use a lot of flash photography, which doesn't show off the food very well.


For instance, my overnight oats look a little like vomit, right?  =)

3/4 c old fashioned oats
1 T cocoa powder
1 c coconut milk
1 T chia seeds
1 scoop peanut butter- chunky!
1 banana- mashed up

Place in bowl and put in fridge overnight.

Hubby was in charge of lunch, and he really wanted to use our new cast iron skillet and grill press.  He was all excited about making burgers like a diner, or like Culver's.  To get a little grease in, he heated up some of the bacon I made on Sunday.  He used the little bit of grease from the bacon to crust up the burgers.  No butter, like Culver's.  Maybe next time.

I had a piece of pepperjack cheese on mine, with two chunks of bacon, on a sandwich thin with spinach.  Thanks Hubby!



Since lunch was a tad indulgent, we had a nice light supper of salads.  Felt great to eat light after my workout class.

My salad included spinach, a Honeycrisp apple, some dried cherries, walnuts, bleu cheese crumbles and a tiny bit of crumbled bacon.  For the dressing I chose some Annie's Goddess dressing.






Catching up on some Biggest Loser and off to bed!

No comments: