Sunday, November 27, 2011

Stomach flu!!

What a way to end my lovely Thanksgiving weekend.

Yesterday we headed up to my aunt and uncle's house in north central Iowa.  I felt a little nauseous in the car but figured it was just some motion sickness or something.  Then we ate a great meal- turkey and the usual- but I didn't really feel much better.  Then about an hour later it, along with breakfast, came right back up.  And about an hour later it came right out the other end, if you know what I mean.  It was horrible.  My stomach felt like someone was wringing it out like a towel.  I've never had that before.  Needless to say, we did not stay too long.

It was not a fun ride home, curled up in the back seat.  Thank goodness for my brother's girlfriend Mollie, who rode with us part of the way and helped with Tyler.  I went to bed as soon as I got home and slept for about 11 hours.  Apparently Tyler had really bad diarrhea in the middle of the night, but didn't seem to affect his temperament.  My dad got pretty sick too, and then today I guess my mom wasn't feeling great and Mollie got sick!  Stupid flu.

I did feel much better today, just really tired.  Needless to say, I don't really have any pictures for you today.  I did make some soup tonight, but the pictures are on the new camera, and I haven't had time to figure that out yet.  So I'll get you the pics and recipes this week sometime.

I'm off to bed again... hope your holiday weekend was happy and healthy!  And free of the stomach flu!  

No comments: