Thursday, December 29, 2011

We have a hoarder

That's what hubby told me after picking up Tyler from daycare last night.  When he walked in, he couldn't see Tyler, and the lady was just pointed to the sink area behind him.  He turned around and there was Tyler, playing underneath the sink.  Apparently this is his new play area at daycare.  He likes to haul all his toys there and play under the pipes.  And the lady said now other kids are starting to do that.  What a gomer.

He does like to haul his toys all over, we find little toys underneath the couches and chair.  Today he took the remote control and carried it all the way to our bedroom and put it in one of the clothes hampers.  

At least he's a cute little hoarder

We've had a pretty crazy week at the office this week, lots of people getting in because of the stress of Christmas.  Probably a good thing we haven't had any snow, because we wouldn't be able to fit everyone in from hurting their backs shoveling!

We did make it to the grocery store on Tuesday to stock up on some goodies.  

On Tuesday night we decided to use up some broccoli that had been sitting in the fridge, so I baked some chicken chunks with some Cookie's seasoning and some quick alfredo noodles (yes, the crappy packaged kind that has waaay too much sodium).  I steamed the broccoli and threw it all together.



For Wednesday's lunch, we had some left-over chicken to use up.  I made a taco salad, using chicken, spinach, black beans, salsa, Mexican cheese, and plain Chobani.  I had just a little bit of the Christmas Mission tortilla chips left, so I crunched them up and sprinkled them on.  Hubby made a chicken and black bean quesadilla, and wanted me to take a picture of it because he was so proud.  



Last night was a dilemma, because we had a pound and a half of lean hamburger to use up.  We were going to make burgers on the grill, but we were both exhausted after work and didn't want to go into the cold.  We got out the good ol' cast iron skillet instead.  Hubby made some burgers on the skillet with our grill press.  They ended up drying out a little, because we pressed a lot of the grease out of them in an attempt to make them healthier.  We topped it with Swiss cheese, spinach, ketchup and mustard.

Before the spinach, ketchup and mustard

Today was kind of a weird day.  I woke up early with Tyler, who has been doing great by the way, sleeping through the night until 6 am.  Unfortunately 6 am is early for me.  I stayed up with him until about 7:30 and then going to lay down for awhile.  I think I woke back up around 10?  Yikes.   

I had a piece of cinnamon raisin Ezekial toast and was going to have some yogurt, but it smelled really funky, so I ended up throwing it out.  When I got hungry a little bit later, I worked on a bag of delicious chex mix that my grandma gave us for Christmas.  

Lunch was at about 1, and I just made up a small salad because I wasn't too hungry.  Spinach, turkey, celery, feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette.  



After an intense workout class- lots of cardio and lots of abs- we enjoyed a pasta bake that I had prepared earlier in the day.  My hubby loves lasagna, but I hate the work that goes into it.  I know it's not that bad but I found a way to make it way easier.  

I boiled up a box and a half of whole wheat pasta (I had half a box of rotini and a box of penne) for 8 minutes or so.  At the same time, I browned one pound of hot Jimmy Dean sausage with one green pepper and half an onion.  I drained both of those then threw them together in the big pot and added two cans of Heart Healthy spaghetti sauce.  In a separate bowl, combine one egg, a container of lowfat cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese.  In a 9x13 pan, dump half the pasta mixture and spread the cheese mixture on top.  Top off with the remaining pasta mixture and sprinkle some more mozzarella cheese on top.  Super easy.  

350 degree oven- 30 minutes with aluminum foil covering the pan, then remove the foil for 20 more minutes.  

Here's what you get!


This dish ought to give us at least 4 meals, hopefully more.

I'll be back sometime this weekend with some goals for 2012... where the heck has this year gone...

No comments: