Thursday, December 22, 2011

Here comes Santa Claus

I can't believe it's almost Christmas.  In case you didn't notice, my posts have been few and far between lately.  I feel like I have a billion things to do, but I'm slowly checking things off my lists.  I suppose that's why there are New Years resolutions, because things get so messed up during the holidays.

The last couple days have been busy, but I also have a new distraction.  Tyler (and possibly Hubby) gave me my Christmas present a couple days earlier.



I wasn't sure if I really wanted one, because it seemed like a lot of money, and then you have to buy books on top of that.  However, the books are cheaper, and this thing is awesome.  It's very portable, and no eyestrain at all.  I love that I can just download whatever I want to read within seconds.

So my first choice was the follow-up to The Hunger Games, Catching Fire.  I have heard that the second one is kind of boring and slow- not so!  I can hardly put it down.  You're lucky I'm writing this and not finishing the last 11% of the book (they have a little indicator that tells you how far you've read).

There's one more book in the series, so I'll definitely have it done by Monday.

Food-wise, we're still struggling a little bit, because we're only going to be home couple days then on the road again.  Here's what we've put together the last couple days (warning- not the healthiest food, thank goodness for my workout class):

Turkey and Swiss on a Sandwich Thin with jalapeno mustard and spinach, with a side of Baked Cheetos


Chicken fajitas- courtesy of the pre-made Fareway mix




Cinnamon Raisin Ezekial toast (added a pomegranate Chobani)



Homemade pizza with sausage rounds, leftover Thanksgiving ham, green peppers and spinach



AND CHEESE


Fajita chicken salad with salsa, plain Chobani, and crushed up red and green Mission tortilla chips




Tomorrow is looking to be a crazy day at work, last day before the holiday weekend.  Everyone that comes in for an adjustment gets a free gift, so we'll be busy.  Teaser alert... it's a Lifetime Chiropractic t-shirt!!  Come see us!

I'll leave you with a couple pictures of Tyler.  We did a 9 month photo shoot the other day.  At his doctor's visit he was 29 1/2 inches long and 19 lbs 4 oz.  85th percentile for height and 25th percentile for weight... tall and skinny like his daddy.





Guess who went to see Santa today?!?!

Sorry- picture of a picture, hence the flash spot


And had his first Chik-fil-a?!?!

The little guy, not the big guy- he's had plenty of Chik-fil-a

No comments: