Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Life is good.

I am back, finally.  We had a great trip to Kansas to visit Hubby's family and friends.  I'm happy to report Tyler is doing much better, finally back to normal.  He did great on the car ride down and the car ride back, even though his little schedule was thrown off.

My schedule was off too, it was pretty tough getting up the last couple days.

I don't even know where to begin for the recap of the weekend, food-wise. It's not pretty.  Our road trip started off with some greasy gas station pizza.  I had one and a half slices of Casey's sausage pizza.  Let the fun begin.

The next day we had a Christmas gathering at Hubby's dad's house.  Grandpa Lance and his family cooked us up a great meal.  Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole... it was like Thanksgiving!  I showed a little restraint, focused mainly on the turkey, salad and a fruit compote.  Of course I had to sample the mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes though.  Dessert was about 3 cake balls and a small piece of cherry cheesecake.  Sorry there are no pics of this feast.

Next morning we had breakfast sandwiches, using the leftover ham and rolls.



We went into Topeka and met up with Hubby's grandparents and aunt at a Jose Peppers, a Kansas City-based Mexican restaurant.

I ended up with this bad-boy... here's the snippet:


Do you like how it starts out with "healthy, all-white chicken"?  Just ignore the rest of the description...

I was a little concerned with the amount of cheese on top, it looked a little intense and it was.  I only ate one of these, and that was plenty.  I didn't even fill up on all the chips like I usually do because I was entertaining Tyler.  That really helped curb my calorie count for lunch.  I gave the other half of this to Hubby's sister, who hadn't eaten all day.



After that we headed to Lawrence for the rest of the day to have Christmas with Hubby's mom and sister and her boyfriend.  We ended up ordering some sausage and corn pizza from Glory Day's.  I don't have a picture but you can browse through my archives if you want one, since we pretty much get this every time we're down there.

So as you can see, I'm eating super healthy up to this point.  Or not really.

The next day we went to one of our old favorite restaurants, Henry T's.  They have awesome burgers.  Hubby and I split a Cajun burger, since it was a lot of food and we had been eating a ton.  It had Cajun seasoning, pepperjack cheese and grilled onions and peppers on top.  We had some sweet potato fries on the side.

Sorry- camera phone pic


After lunch we headed to Kansas City to visit friends.  Our buddy prepared some homemade chicken nachos for supper.  Sad to say but that was probably the healthiest of our meals, since he uses grilled chicken, multigrain tortilla chips and spinach.

On our journey home on Sunday, we stopped at Taco Bell.  I had a Mexican pizza.  Sorry I did not take a picture of all that crap.

Since we got in late on Sunday, we didn't have time to go grocery shopping.  For lunch we made the stupid decision to go to Hardee's.  I chose the hand-breaded buffalo chicken tenders and side salad.  When we got home, I cut up the chicken and put it in with the salad.  Homemade buffalo chicken salad!  Yum.






I didn't really eat last night, unless you count the 2 and a half beers I had at the bar after our volleyball game.  We won all three, so a couple of us went out to celebrate.  Needless to say, I'm pretty exhausted.  I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with all the traveling and crap I've eaten.

We at least did hit up the grocery store last night before volleyball so get some veggies and meat for the week.  Mini-detox before another weekend of debauchery.

Enjoy the pictures of the crap I ate, hope you did better with your motivation.  Here are a couple of cute pics of Tyler from the weekend:








No comments: