Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Stupid fever

Guess who had to stay home from daycare again today?

If you guessed Tyler, you're right.  Man that place must be a germ-fest.  He's had a runny nose for a couple days now, but we just attributed it to allergies.  Then this morning he had a fever of 102, so no daycare for him.  I think their cut-off is 99 or 100 degrees.  He wasn't as crabby as the last time he was sick, thank goodness.  And he still eats like a horse and played a little bit today, just had the fever.  Plenty of people have asked if he's just cutting teeth, and I just don't know!  I swear he's been working on teeth for 2 months now.

The only upside of him not feeling well is that he's super cuddly.  He usually is so busy playing or exploring that he hates being held.  Today he just wanted his mommy.



Meals have been less than perfect lately.  My new schedule of volleyball, workout classes, working on our clinic newsletter, tax prep, blah blah blah... has been kind of hectic.

Monday Hubby made some chicken nuggets with some Bakin' Miracle (seasoning mix for breading) and some steamed broccoli.  If you're still buying chicken nuggets in the bag in the freezer section- stop!  It's so easy to make your own and are so much healthier.  Just cut some chicken breasts into chunks, rinse with some water so that crumbs will stick to them, and shake in the coating of your choice.  We just happen to have some Bakin' Miracle around, but most of the time we will use panko or breadcrumbs and add our own seasons- garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, etc.



Yesterday I started the day with some vanilla Chobani and the rest of my Organic Farms granola.  I've been working on that box since the summer.  Need to stock up on some frozen blueberries.



Lunch was an open-faced preservative-free turkey and provolone sandwich with spinach and jalapeno mustard.  You can see I chose orange for my sides: Baked Cheetos and a clementine.  I'm so excited for clementine season, you have no idea.



I prepared supper last night after getting home from workout class.  Chicken stir-fry it was.  I had two bags of stir-fry veggies sitting in the freezer that needed to be used up.  I made up some organic brown rice to go with it.  The rice was a pain in the butt, because it wasn't instant.  Of course it tasted better than instant, but still, a pain in the butt.






Since I made plenty, that was my lunch today.  Supper was a gem tonight.  What oh what should we do with our left-over chili?  Oh look, we just happen to have some hot dogs in the freezer from a grill-out this summer!  Chili dogs it was.



Yes I realize this meal is horribly unhealthy and probably looks disgusting to most of you.  Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

At least our chili is homemade and is "somewhat" healthy.  Not so much the hot dogs, cheese or white enriched buns (also leftover from a party this summer).

Hope to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow so I don't have to fight the masses on Saturday.  'Tis the season!

No comments: