Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chopped!

As I'm typing up this post, there's an episode of Chopped on in the background.  I just love that show.  Some of the ingredients are just ridiculous though, and I haven't even heard of some of them.  I would not do well.

The only notable meal yesterday was my buffalo chicken wrap.  Spinach tortilla with chicken, celery, cheese, buffalo sauce and spinach.



Today I started the day off with a toasted Sandwich Thin, with peanut butter and banana.



For lunch I cooked up a chicken that had been sitting in our freezer forever.  It was finally thawed out so I drizzled it with some olive oil, and rubbed it with a mixture of chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano and salt and pepper.  I stuffed it with chunks of celery and onion and popped it in the onion for 1 hour at 425 degrees.  I did put a light glaze after 40 minutes of honey, soy sauce and some ginger.



I was super hungry and in a hurry, so I just had a little chunk before leaving for work- it was mighty tasty.  Hubby sure liked it too.

I had a busy afternoon and then it was off to exercise class.  Had a good workout, and then an awesome compliment.  One of the gals came up to me afterwards and said "thank you so much for teaching this class, I just want to tell you that I really enjoy it".  That made my day.  I feel so guilty leaving Tyler to go teach class (also play volleyball on Mondays- another guilt trip), so comments like that help.  I also know that I'm working out to keep myself healthy, so I can be there for Tyler in the long run.  I lecture women every day about taking care of themselves and putting themselves first so they can take care of their family- guess I need to remember my own advice.

Thank goodness I have such a great husband who understands and doesn't mind extra parenting duties on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Doesn't hurt that I'm the one getting up at 5 am with Tyler though.

=)  Love you honey!

No comments: